One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of tourism involving travel to remote or exotic locations in order to take part in physically challenging outdoor activities.‘the search for a brush with danger is not confined to Africa and Asia where adventure tourism is booming’
- ‘Travel journals are great travel accessories and travel gifts for student travel, family vacations and adventure travel.’
- ‘There is also plenty of scope for adventure tourism, such as trekking and rock climbing.’
- ‘He wanted to explore the possibilities of adventure tourism in this wild and extreme land, home to 2.3 million people and 5 million free-roaming horses.’
- ‘I have done my share of adventure travel: White-water rafting on the North Fork of the Salmon River, hiking the Milford Track in New Zealand, scaling Sedona's heights.’
- ‘For someone used to self-sufficient adventure travel, this level of service is an anomalous leftover from the days of the British Raj.’
- ‘Whether it's adventure travel or a mental-health break during reading week, they'll help you get out of town.’
- ‘He expanded the program to include summertime adventure travel, including rafting in the Grand Canyon and kayaking at Lake Powell.’
- ‘Adventure tourism has entered the picture in recent years, with customers paying steep prices to visit the undersea wreck.’
- ‘Though technology is often seen as the adversary of adventure travel, it's actually a love-hate relationship.’
- ‘Adventure tourism supports the active, fit, and somewhat daring traveller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.