One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of tourism involving travel to remote or exotic locations in order to take part in physically challenging outdoor activities.‘the search for a brush with danger is not confined to Africa and Asia where adventure tourism is booming’
- ‘Adventure tourism has entered the picture in recent years, with customers paying steep prices to visit the undersea wreck.’
- ‘Whether it's adventure travel or a mental-health break during reading week, they'll help you get out of town.’
- ‘For someone used to self-sufficient adventure travel, this level of service is an anomalous leftover from the days of the British Raj.’
- ‘Though technology is often seen as the adversary of adventure travel, it's actually a love-hate relationship.’
- ‘Adventure tourism supports the active, fit, and somewhat daring traveller.’
- ‘He wanted to explore the possibilities of adventure tourism in this wild and extreme land, home to 2.3 million people and 5 million free-roaming horses.’
- ‘He expanded the program to include summertime adventure travel, including rafting in the Grand Canyon and kayaking at Lake Powell.’
- ‘Travel journals are great travel accessories and travel gifts for student travel, family vacations and adventure travel.’
- ‘I have done my share of adventure travel: White-water rafting on the North Fork of the Salmon River, hiking the Milford Track in New Zealand, scaling Sedona's heights.’
- ‘There is also plenty of scope for adventure tourism, such as trekking and rock climbing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.