One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A playground containing objects or structures such as ropes, slides, and tunnels, for children to play on or in.
- ‘We wish the campaigners all the luck with getting the adventure playground back into working order.’
- ‘The adventure playground built last year is a great attraction for children.’
- ‘And for children, the adventure playground, complete with wooden galleon, death-drop slide and challenging tree-top walks, offers a day of energetic fun.’
- ‘There is also an adventure playground which hosts one of the steepest slides in the country.’
- ‘Having 10 children to stay means 20 extra socks to wash each day, plus whiny voices, over-excitement and many trips to the local adventure playground.’
- ‘With an adventure playground, pet farm and sea lion show, not to mention the lions, zebras and elephants, your little monkeys will never want to leave.’
- ‘It includes a mini adventure playground, swings, a climbing frame and rocking horses for toddlers.’
- ‘There is a reasonably-priced cafe and licensed restaurant on site and an adventure playground for children outside.’
- ‘We used to visit the gardens quite a lot when I was little as it had a great adventure playground with a rope slide.’
- ‘He added: ‘During the visit we spent time with the children and worked on an adventure playground for the primary school.’’
- ‘Danny hopes to install an adventure playground in the beer garden during the summer.’
- ‘A new adventure playground is currently being planned for the town but whether that will include a skateboarding facility is debatable, according to a Town Council official.’
- ‘For there is a lot more to this green oasis in the centre of York than its adventure playground, shallow lake and terraced café, pleasant and fun as they are.’
- ‘Other features would include an adventure playground, outdoor gym and a pavilion clubhouse for bowls.’
- ‘An adventure playground, with disabled play equipment, was being constructed when we were there and should be up and running soon.’
- ‘With its outdoor adventure playground and a library of board games and books, this really is a child-friendly hotel.’
- ‘There is also an adventure playground, donkey rides and various activities to keep children happy.’
- ‘As well as the classrooms, school hall, library and computer facilities, the school has a an adventure playground and environmental garden.’
- ‘The hotel has a private beach, three pools, a tennis court, an adventure playground and a kids' club.’
- ‘Police say they are concerned about the safety of youths who regularly break into the Bowood adventure playground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.