One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A playground containing objects or structures such as ropes, slides, and tunnels, for children to play on or in.
- ‘It includes a mini adventure playground, swings, a climbing frame and rocking horses for toddlers.’
- ‘We used to visit the gardens quite a lot when I was little as it had a great adventure playground with a rope slide.’
- ‘There is also an adventure playground, donkey rides and various activities to keep children happy.’
- ‘Other features would include an adventure playground, outdoor gym and a pavilion clubhouse for bowls.’
- ‘As well as the classrooms, school hall, library and computer facilities, the school has a an adventure playground and environmental garden.’
- ‘There is also an adventure playground which hosts one of the steepest slides in the country.’
- ‘Danny hopes to install an adventure playground in the beer garden during the summer.’
- ‘We wish the campaigners all the luck with getting the adventure playground back into working order.’
- ‘An adventure playground, with disabled play equipment, was being constructed when we were there and should be up and running soon.’
- ‘There is a reasonably-priced cafe and licensed restaurant on site and an adventure playground for children outside.’
- ‘Police say they are concerned about the safety of youths who regularly break into the Bowood adventure playground.’
- ‘A new adventure playground is currently being planned for the town but whether that will include a skateboarding facility is debatable, according to a Town Council official.’
- ‘The adventure playground built last year is a great attraction for children.’
- ‘For there is a lot more to this green oasis in the centre of York than its adventure playground, shallow lake and terraced café, pleasant and fun as they are.’
- ‘The hotel has a private beach, three pools, a tennis court, an adventure playground and a kids' club.’
- ‘With an adventure playground, pet farm and sea lion show, not to mention the lions, zebras and elephants, your little monkeys will never want to leave.’
- ‘And for children, the adventure playground, complete with wooden galleon, death-drop slide and challenging tree-top walks, offers a day of energetic fun.’
- ‘Having 10 children to stay means 20 extra socks to wash each day, plus whiny voices, over-excitement and many trips to the local adventure playground.’
- ‘He added: ‘During the visit we spent time with the children and worked on an adventure playground for the primary school.’’
- ‘With its outdoor adventure playground and a library of board games and books, this really is a child-friendly hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.