Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘On the facts as we understand them, it was an offence adventitiously committed.’
- ‘When I thought about avoiding Adam, I just ran into him adventitiously.’
- ‘Even the sexual aspects of the story seem more integral to the whole and are not adventitiously added for a prurient effect.’
- ‘That is, idiosyncratic behavior may develop adventitiously.’
- ‘Leafy shoots are borne adventitiously on the dorsal side of the long, creeping root.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.