Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The inclusions may also be found in the adventitial cells of blood vessels.’
- ‘Aneurysmal development is caused by weakness in the muscular tunica media and stretching of the tunica intima and adventitial layers.’
- ‘Intimai proliferation and adventitial thickening may further reduce the cross-sectional area of the pulmonary vascular bed.’
- ‘The walls are occasionally thickened by adventitial fibrosis.’
- ‘Nourishment is provided to the vein wall by vasovasora, which enter through the adventitial layer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.