Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Adventism's early years were distinguished by the leadership of women.’
- ‘But many of the congregation recognise that village life does not fit easily with the demands of Adventism.’
- ‘I present the basic Adventist narrative through outlining how Adventism has traditionally linked the sabbath and eschatology.’
- ‘Methodism, Anglicanism, and Adventism are widespread on Statia.’
- ‘Seventh-Day Adventism began in the 1840s with a group who believed first that Jesus Christ would return.’
- ‘It is an open debate welcoming both followers and critics of Seventh-day Adventism.’
- ‘The spirituality in Star Wars is so universal that many world religions, from Adventism to Zoroastrianism, have found their beliefs reflected in the movie.’
- ‘Things become complicated in Adventism, for a lot of Adventists believe his writings exhibit the ‘spirit of prophecy.’’
- ‘Seventh-Day Adventism arose from the aftermath of the Adventist movement of the mid-1800s.’
- ‘Adventism has been an aspect of Christianity since its inception.’
- ‘I don't know what to make of Adventism, even after worshipping at an Adventist church myself.’
- ‘After the Civil War, Adventism expanded across the United States, flourishing especially in the West.’
- ‘We started to research into Adventism's relationship with Christianity.’
- ‘The practice of Adventism varies greatly from congregation to congregation.’
- ‘I very highly recommend the following works on the history and doctrines of Seventh-day Adventism.’
- ‘Seventh-day Adventism laid its original foundations and has raised its superstructure upon historicism.’
- ‘There seem to be different "degrees" of Seventh-day Adventism.’
- ‘Researchers have adequately confirmed the Adventism connection to that man.’
- ‘And like any church, Adventism of course has its sectarian movements and offshoots.’
- ‘Modern Adventism began as an inter-denominational movement.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.