One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first Sunday in Advent, falling on or near 30 November.
- ‘Perhaps the magic of the season is so well expressed because the celebration begins on Advent Sunday - four weeks before Christmas Eve.’
- ‘It's that time of year again - with the first Advent Sunday the countdown to Christmas starts.’
- ‘On this, the morning of the first Advent Sunday, I lack the will to go home.’
- ‘She will open the first door of the Advent Calendar during morning service on Advent Sunday, November 30th.’
- ‘The retired chemist will have plenty to reflect on for his final address on Advent Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.