One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first Sunday in Advent, falling on or near 30 November.
- ‘She will open the first door of the Advent Calendar during morning service on Advent Sunday, November 30th.’
- ‘On this, the morning of the first Advent Sunday, I lack the will to go home.’
- ‘It's that time of year again - with the first Advent Sunday the countdown to Christmas starts.’
- ‘The retired chemist will have plenty to reflect on for his final address on Advent Sunday.’
- ‘Perhaps the magic of the season is so well expressed because the celebration begins on Advent Sunday - four weeks before Christmas Eve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.