One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite the thickness of this relatively stagnant water mass of more than 1000 m, the water age (time since last contact with the atmosphere) is only slightly more than a decade, indicating large-scale advective exchange.’
- ‘Running a cloud-resolving model requires putting in essentially the same set of boundary conditions - horizontal advective fluxes and radiative fluxes at the top and bottom of the atmosphere - that one needs for a single-column model.’
- ‘During summer, vertical advective processes appear to be limited to the upper 200 m, where upwelling in the open water leads to a doming structure.’
- ‘The advective field for the particles, which are released at intermediate and deep layers off the Somali shelf, is determined by a regional version of the Miami isopycnic coordinate model.’
- ‘When dissolved solids are carried along with the flowing groundwater, the process is called advective transport or convection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.