One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, the general circulation in the Santa Barbara Channel tends to be cyclonic, which often advects cool surface waters eastward along the northern coasts of the Channel Islands.’
- ‘This moisture can be advected to the coast to feed storms and tornadoes.’
- ‘The freshwater is then advected with the East Greenland Current along the East Greenland coast over the shelf and slope towards Denmark Strait.’
- ‘As a result of this, in the northern hemisphere, polar air in the lower troposphere is frequently advected into middle latitudes and, occasionally, even as far as subtropical latitudes.’
- ‘Energy advected to and from the lake by precipitation, surface water, and ground water had little effect on evaporation rates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.