One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a result of this, in the northern hemisphere, polar air in the lower troposphere is frequently advected into middle latitudes and, occasionally, even as far as subtropical latitudes.’
- ‘This moisture can be advected to the coast to feed storms and tornadoes.’
- ‘The freshwater is then advected with the East Greenland Current along the East Greenland coast over the shelf and slope towards Denmark Strait.’
- ‘Energy advected to and from the lake by precipitation, surface water, and ground water had little effect on evaporation rates.’
- ‘However, the general circulation in the Santa Barbara Channel tends to be cyclonic, which often advects cool surface waters eastward along the northern coasts of the Channel Islands.’
Transfer (heat or matter) by the flow of a fluid, especially horizontally in the atmosphere or the sea.‘heat can be advected by water that percolates through porous rock’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.