Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘the study of history at advanced level’fuller form of a level
- ‘Chandren passed the general certificate of education, advanced level (GCE-AL) but he cannot find a proper job.’
- ‘The number of grades at advanced level should be expanded from six to seven, allowing universities to distinguish between very good and excellent candidates, it adds.’
- ‘As with all education, teaching at advanced level requires continued research and development of the subject.’
- ‘He also approved of the interlinking between diploma levels, so that students going for an advanced level would have to have a sufficient level of achievement in the core subjects of literacy, numeracy and IT.’
- ‘My daughter passed her advanced level [high school certificate] but could not get proper employment.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.