One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And in fact there was an adumbrative whisper of Warholian values to come in a letter Demuth wrote to Alfred Stieglitz in 1927.’
- ‘The adumbrative quality of the work's first third is mauled and mangled by the third.’
- ‘Pasolini clearly did not intend Salò as a late work, much as Mozart did not design his requiem as adumbrative lament.’
- ‘For him language is musical, felicitous, comical, flippant, suggestive, buoyant weaponry and adumbrative of mysteries beyond us.’
- ‘This duet is adumbrative of ‘Trane's last album, Interstellar Space, which comprises duets between ‘Trane and drummer Rashied Ali.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.