One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The adumbrative quality of the work's first third is mauled and mangled by the third.’
- ‘For him language is musical, felicitous, comical, flippant, suggestive, buoyant weaponry and adumbrative of mysteries beyond us.’
- ‘This duet is adumbrative of ‘Trane's last album, Interstellar Space, which comprises duets between ‘Trane and drummer Rashied Ali.’
- ‘Pasolini clearly did not intend Salò as a late work, much as Mozart did not design his requiem as adumbrative lament.’
- ‘And in fact there was an adumbrative whisper of Warholian values to come in a letter Demuth wrote to Alfred Stieglitz in 1927.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.