One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The possession of adult qualities such as emotional maturity or responsibility.
sense of responsibility, sense, level-headedness, responsibleness, matureness, wisdomView synonyms
- ‘There's a formidable, unflinching adultness about Steely Dan, especially late Steely Dan, which is immensely impressive.’
- ‘Can the degree or quality of an individual's adultness be assessed?’
- ‘The depth and adultness of Connie, however, may well be more due to the stunning performance of Diane Lane than to the script or to Lyne's direction.’
- ‘The debate should proceed from the premise that adult education must above all be a vehicle for enhancing adultness.’
- ‘When Rock Hudson and Doris Day shared fume and frustration in their prolonged comedic foreplay, there was a hint of adultness about it.’
- ‘The amount of emotional space it takes to have a feeling of adultness and autonomy will vary from relationship to relationship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.