One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The possession of adult qualities such as emotional maturity or responsibility.
sense of responsibility, sense, level-headedness, responsibleness, matureness, wisdomView synonyms
- ‘The debate should proceed from the premise that adult education must above all be a vehicle for enhancing adultness.’
- ‘Can the degree or quality of an individual's adultness be assessed?’
- ‘There's a formidable, unflinching adultness about Steely Dan, especially late Steely Dan, which is immensely impressive.’
- ‘When Rock Hudson and Doris Day shared fume and frustration in their prolonged comedic foreplay, there was a hint of adultness about it.’
- ‘The amount of emotional space it takes to have a feeling of adultness and autonomy will vary from relationship to relationship.’
- ‘The depth and adultness of Connie, however, may well be more due to the stunning performance of Diane Lane than to the script or to Lyne's direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.