Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A distinction can also be made between monolayer adsorption and multilayer adsorption.’
- ‘This could be explained by the balance between the protein adsorption and the lipid adsorption.’
- ‘In addition, the surface atoms are capable of both adsorption and absorption of chemical compounds.’
- ‘Acidic lipids enhance the adsorption of positive ions due to their negative charge.’
- ‘The adsorption of surfactant molecules onto the aggregate surface changes the nature the surface from hydrophilic to hydrophobic.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.