One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cleverness or skill.‘he lacks political adroitness’
skill, skilfulness, prowess, expertise, expertness, adeptness, handiness, nimbleness, dexterity, dexterousness, deftnessView synonyms
- ‘The adroitness and patience of a long line of monarchs and royal ministers, who moved gradually but steadily to centralize both authority and power in their own hands, were crowned with unimaginable success.’
- ‘Mental ability tests do not measure personality, social adroitness, leadership, charisma, cool-headedness, altruism, or many other things that we value.’
- ‘They focused on three different social skills: social anxiety, social adroitness, and self-monitoring.’
- ‘Clarendon admired his dexterity and adroitness.’
- ‘Few bands, if any at all, can challenge their adroitness on stage as they are simply magical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.