One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cleverness or skill.‘he lacks political adroitness’
skill, skilfulness, prowess, expertise, expertness, adeptness, handiness, nimbleness, dexterity, dexterousness, deftnessView synonyms
- ‘Clarendon admired his dexterity and adroitness.’
- ‘Few bands, if any at all, can challenge their adroitness on stage as they are simply magical.’
- ‘The adroitness and patience of a long line of monarchs and royal ministers, who moved gradually but steadily to centralize both authority and power in their own hands, were crowned with unimaginable success.’
- ‘Mental ability tests do not measure personality, social adroitness, leadership, charisma, cool-headedness, altruism, or many other things that we value.’
- ‘They focused on three different social skills: social anxiety, social adroitness, and self-monitoring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.