One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a clever or skilful way.‘he managed the evacuation adroitly’
- ‘Sometimes the women danced synchronously, matching movements very adroitly, while other times they moved in different patterns.’
- ‘During conflicts, persistent, well-organized minorities can adroitly handle and dominate their opponents.’
- ‘Once surrender became unavoidable, the emperor adroitly metamorphosed into a symbol of cooperation.’
- ‘He drew the landscape rather adroitly, I thought.’
- ‘At his best, he can deliver fiction as adroitly as any writer around.’
- ‘The structural subtlety of the concerto, with its conjoined movements, was adroitly handled by both orchestra and soloist.’
- ‘The dynamics of the heist are handled adroitly.’
- ‘How adroitly they made those words sparkle and come across—even more so with the decision to include the full text in surtitles.’
- ‘Moving adroitly from acoustic to electric guitars, he was the high point of the show for me.’
- ‘He led the church adroitly through a most difficult period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.