One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a clever or skilful way.‘he managed the evacuation adroitly’
- ‘Once surrender became unavoidable, the emperor adroitly metamorphosed into a symbol of cooperation.’
- ‘The dynamics of the heist are handled adroitly.’
- ‘He led the church adroitly through a most difficult period.’
- ‘At his best, he can deliver fiction as adroitly as any writer around.’
- ‘The structural subtlety of the concerto, with its conjoined movements, was adroitly handled by both orchestra and soloist.’
- ‘How adroitly they made those words sparkle and come across—even more so with the decision to include the full text in surtitles.’
- ‘During conflicts, persistent, well-organized minorities can adroitly handle and dominate their opponents.’
- ‘Sometimes the women danced synchronously, matching movements very adroitly, while other times they moved in different patterns.’
- ‘He drew the landscape rather adroitly, I thought.’
- ‘Moving adroitly from acoustic to electric guitars, he was the high point of the show for me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.