One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ‘In all tetrapods, LPFs in the environment result in release of adrenocorticotropin from the precursor molecule pro-opiomelanocortin in the anterior pituitary.’
- ‘Schultz et al noted that nonsurvivors of cardiopulmonary resuscitation had low levels of adrenocorticotropin and cortisol.’
- ‘Therefore, in addition to pituitary adrenocorticotropin, there are other extrapituitary factors regulating adrenal steroidogenesis in septic shock.’
- ‘Longworth showed a similar fluorescence spectrum for adrenocorticotropin.’
- ‘In turn, CRH acts on the pituitary gland, just beneath the brain, triggering the release of another hormone, adrenocorticotropin into the bloodstream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.