One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ‘In turn, CRH acts on the pituitary gland, just beneath the brain, triggering the release of another hormone, adrenocorticotropin into the bloodstream.’
- ‘Longworth showed a similar fluorescence spectrum for adrenocorticotropin.’
- ‘Therefore, in addition to pituitary adrenocorticotropin, there are other extrapituitary factors regulating adrenal steroidogenesis in septic shock.’
- ‘Schultz et al noted that nonsurvivors of cardiopulmonary resuscitation had low levels of adrenocorticotropin and cortisol.’
- ‘In all tetrapods, LPFs in the environment result in release of adrenocorticotropin from the precursor molecule pro-opiomelanocortin in the anterior pituitary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.