Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ‘In all tetrapods, LPFs in the environment result in release of adrenocorticotropin from the precursor molecule pro-opiomelanocortin in the anterior pituitary.’
- ‘Schultz et al noted that nonsurvivors of cardiopulmonary resuscitation had low levels of adrenocorticotropin and cortisol.’
- ‘Longworth showed a similar fluorescence spectrum for adrenocorticotropin.’
- ‘In turn, CRH acts on the pituitary gland, just beneath the brain, triggering the release of another hormone, adrenocorticotropin into the bloodstream.’
- ‘Therefore, in addition to pituitary adrenocorticotropin, there are other extrapituitary factors regulating adrenal steroidogenesis in septic shock.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.