Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person with a compulsive desire for excitement and adventure.‘a bit of an adrenaline junkie, he appears to have no regard for his own safety’‘there's enough nailbiting action to satisfy the most hardened of adrenaline junkies’
- ‘Adventurers, as well as adrenaline junkies, will love the challenge and confidence-building of skiing the famous Taos steeps.’
- ‘Sports such as skiing, sailing, running and mountaineering have become hugely popular among the silver-haired adrenaline junkies.’
- ‘A bit of an adrenaline junkie, he appears to have no regard for his own safety.’
- ‘An adrenaline junkie from an early age, Aaron was into every extreme sport you can imagine.’
- ‘There's no doubt everyone on my team is an adrenaline junkie.’
- ‘One year later they meet up with three other adrenaline junkies in the Appalachian Mountains to go caving.’
- ‘Adrenaline junkies will be in heaven with plenty of free time for paragliding, parachuting or mountain bike riding.’
- ‘All his experiences disarming and disposing of bombs made him an adrenaline junkie.’
- ‘The adrenaline junkie donned a parachute, laid his hands on a high-powered jet ski and prepared to ride it off Niagara Falls.’
- ‘I've always been into extreme sports - I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie.’
- ‘The high-octane movie is a must-see for any adrenaline junkie.’
- ‘He was an adrenaline junkie who willed himself to do things mere mortals would not consider.’
- ‘It's the park's fastest ride, reaching speeds of up to 37 mph, and is bound to be a big hit with adrenaline junkies.’
- ‘I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so I love to go out and do crazy, slightly outrageous stuff, such as bungee jumping, surfing, skydiving and snowboarding.’
- ‘Some climbers become adrenaline junkies.’
- ‘For the adrenaline junkies, jet skis, water skiing and tubing are just a few examples of the water sports available at the beach.’
- ‘A keen sportsman and a bit of an adrenaline junky, Josh had been a skier since childhood.’
- ‘The Descent tells the story of six women, adrenaline junkies all, on a thrill seeking trip spelunking in the Appalachians.’
- ‘I've never thought of myself as an adrenaline junkie.’
- ‘Skydivers are not, generally, adrenaline junkies looking for their next fix nor are they people who go out every weekend flirting with possible death.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.