One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unfashionable or socially awkward in a way regarded as appealing or cute.‘he is so adorkable I could just hug him to death’‘the most adorkable actress on the big screen’‘your adorkable qualities are part of your charm’
- ‘He's way too awkward but not in a cute adorable way.’
- ‘First love's first blush is so amazingly adorkable in this movie.’
- ‘It's no surprise she had fun this Halloween in a costume I can only refer to as "adorkable".’
- ‘It took no more than 24 hours for them to pinpoint what song the adorkable Bradley and Colin were listening to in this short clip.’
- ‘Prepare to see what she looked like as an adorkable and clumsy 5-year-old.’
- ‘It's hard not to wince when she slips into 'adorkable' mode.’
- ‘I'll settle for adorkable if I can get it.’
- ‘That is a v. v. strange film, but both boys are beyond adorkable in it.’
- ‘They're absolutely ADORKABLE!’
- ‘Johnson, for one, sees a long and adorkable road ahead for the roommates-turned-lovers.’
Early 21st century: blend of adorable and dork.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.