One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arousing great delight; cute or adorable.‘all the pets are totally adorbs’‘check out the adorbs photo’‘newborn babies are so adorb’
lovable, appealing, charming, cute, sweet, enchanting, bewitching, captivating, engaging, endearing, dear, darling, precious, delightful, lovely, beautiful, attractive, gorgeous, winsome, winning, fetching, pleasingView synonyms
- ‘The bartender was so adorbs and hilarious.’
- ‘He is absolutely adorbs - his eyes are gonna make hearts melt.’
- ‘Despite spending time with Ross and his adorbs daughter and sweet wife, I managed to get some writing in.’
- ‘She knows how to melt the heart of fans: post a picture of your totes adorbs baby on Twitter.’
- ‘First off, the decor and logo of the place are totally adorbs!’
- ‘Joy, your glasses are adorbs!’
- ‘We know, we know, these little critters are just adorbs!’
- ‘The mini red velvet cupcake was adorbs to the max!’
- ‘What better way to teach high school students actual history than to slap it on TV and cast a bunch of adorbs teenagers in the important roles?’
- ‘She wore the 3-D glasses (and still looked adorbs).’
Early 21st century: alteration of adorable.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.