Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Arousing great delight; cute or adorable.‘all the pets are totally adorbs’‘check out the adorbs photo’‘newborn babies are so adorb’
lovable, appealing, charming, cute, sweet, enchanting, bewitching, captivating, engaging, endearing, dear, darling, precious, delightful, lovely, beautiful, attractive, gorgeous, winsome, winning, fetching, pleasingView synonyms
- ‘She wore the 3-D glasses (and still looked adorbs).’
- ‘The bartender was so adorbs and hilarious.’
- ‘He is absolutely adorbs - his eyes are gonna make hearts melt.’
- ‘Despite spending time with Ross and his adorbs daughter and sweet wife, I managed to get some writing in.’
- ‘Joy, your glasses are adorbs!’
- ‘She knows how to melt the heart of fans: post a picture of your totes adorbs baby on Twitter.’
- ‘We know, we know, these little critters are just adorbs!’
- ‘The mini red velvet cupcake was adorbs to the max!’
- ‘First off, the decor and logo of the place are totally adorbs!’
- ‘What better way to teach high school students actual history than to slap it on TV and cast a bunch of adorbs teenagers in the important roles?’
Early 21st century: alteration of adorable.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.