One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arousing great delight; cute or adorable.‘all the pets are totally adorbs’‘check out the adorbs photo’‘newborn babies are so adorb’
lovable, appealing, charming, cute, sweet, enchanting, bewitching, captivating, engaging, endearing, dear, darling, precious, delightful, lovely, beautiful, attractive, gorgeous, winsome, winning, fetching, pleasingView synonyms
- ‘Joy, your glasses are adorbs!’
- ‘First off, the decor and logo of the place are totally adorbs!’
- ‘We know, we know, these little critters are just adorbs!’
- ‘He is absolutely adorbs - his eyes are gonna make hearts melt.’
- ‘The mini red velvet cupcake was adorbs to the max!’
- ‘She wore the 3-D glasses (and still looked adorbs).’
- ‘The bartender was so adorbs and hilarious.’
- ‘Despite spending time with Ross and his adorbs daughter and sweet wife, I managed to get some writing in.’
- ‘What better way to teach high school students actual history than to slap it on TV and cast a bunch of adorbs teenagers in the important roles?’
- ‘She knows how to melt the heart of fans: post a picture of your totes adorbs baby on Twitter.’
Early 21st century: alteration of adorable.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.