Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘My classmate Dan invited us over today for a rainy day BBQ with his lovely wife, Julie, and daughter, Ruby, who entertained us with somersaults and her overall adorableness.’
- ‘Although he'd ultimately outgrow his cherub-like adorableness, he, too transitioned into his teenage years skillfully, keeping a realistic tone to his portrayal of those inevitably clumsy years.’
- ‘‘Hey, Jeanna,’ Krystalyn said, instantly smiling at Jeanna's adorableness.’
- ‘And Lauren loved him for all his sweet adorableness, and pure innocence, and she smiled.’
- ‘I'm still in shock from the after effects of that kiss, surprised at my own daring and marveling at Jake's sheer adorableness at the same time.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.