One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who adopts a child and brings it up as their own.‘her adoptive parents died 10 years ago’
- ‘We have previously tried to contact the adoptive parents with no success.’
- ‘All three sons were given new names by their adoptive parents.’
- ‘Find out if you could make a very positive contribution to a child's life by becoming an adoptive parent.’
- ‘Both her parents and her adoptive parents are dead.’
- ‘Foster carers do have to pass the same type of stringent controls that adoptive parents experience.’
- ‘Under the new law, a right similar to maternity leave is available to adoptive parents.’
- ‘Three years later, she and her partner were the proud adoptive parents to a son of their own.’
- ‘In 1985, he moved with his adoptive parents to live in Gloucestershire.’
- ‘He moved with his adoptive parents, three sisters and a brother to the US.’
- ‘I'm an adoptive parent, and I know how hard it is for children who have been abandoned by their parents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.