Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There's also a lot of early technology adopters in Japan.’
- ‘Prospective adopters need not be perfect, but do need to be open-minded, honest, flexible and see the process from the child's perspective.’
- ‘In comparison, Swisscom has helped lead Switzerland to its position as one of the top broadband adopters in western Europe.’
- ‘Sue has interviewed birth mothers, adopted people, adopters and social workers to put together a history of adoption over the last century.’
- ‘‘This is the room we use for handing over babies to adopters,’ Laurelie Gray, supervisor of the unit, said.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.