Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The parts adjoining an organ.
- ‘Sports-related eye injuries should be evaluated on site with an adequate examination of the eye and adnexa.’
- ‘There was no ovarian tissue in the right adnexa.’
- ‘This technique allows for clear visualisation of the pouch of Douglas and adnexa.’
- ‘An ultrasound scan showed an empty uterus and a 10-cm complex mass in the right adnexa.’
- ‘The uterus, cervix, and adnexa should also be assessed for any abnormalities and/or pain.’
Late 19th century: Latin, neuter plural of adnexus joined, from adnectere fasten to.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.