One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do you sir, agree with this punishment which would involve the admonishment of a member of your own party?’
- ‘The traditional critical admonishment to distinguish between a writer and his or her work is discarded.’
- ‘His admonishments were drowned by the buzzer of my alarm clock.’
- ‘So we were taken aback the other day when an email we had sent to a York PR firm bounced back, accompanied by a strict admonishment.’
- ‘However, enforcement of the dress code regulations has been uneven and, when it occurred, generally consisted of verbal admonishment by security forces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.