Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘My other concern about this is that there is no guarantee of the admissibility of evidence from the database in future cases.’
- ‘All the debate in the common law systems will be about the admissibility of evidence.’
- ‘The summary bill seeks to deal with new provisions on the admissibility of written statements by witnesses as evidence.’
- ‘The admissibility of evidence provided by foreign governments is also cause for concern, he says.’
- ‘It is for the concerned court to decide the admissibility of the confessional statement.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.