Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The most we can say is that Congress intended the tax provisions to be both efficiently administrable and fair, and that this case reveals the tension that sometimes exists when Congress seeks to meet those twin aims.’
- ‘A method for preparing an orally administrable biologically active agent is also provided as are oral delivery compositions.’
- ‘It is easily administrable and is philosophically compatible with a limited and preferably state-based governmental role.’
- ‘This is an administrable solution allowing fine control over sessions.’
- ‘Finding easily administrable alternative revenue sources might be difficult.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.