One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The business world of advertising and advertisers.‘the company lost nearly all the people whose names meant anything in adland’
- ‘Peter Robinson asks if alternative rock has finally sold its soul to adland.’
- ‘It's the sort of place that exists in London's adland, in Soho, where you feel you're swimming against the tide unless you're kitted out from head to toe in Prada.’
- ‘With such a busy working life and an attitude that embraces stress as a necessary ingredient of life in adland, how important is relaxation?’
- ‘Reading the making of the story at adland, no one will be surprised to learn they came up with the ideas in 24 hours, and shot them in like a week.’
- ‘What we see, though, are not the bright, seductive confections of adland, but the rough timber poles and frames that support these messages.’
- ‘It showed some cosy family with a couple of small kids, all cloying sweetness and perfection, such as exists purely in adland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.