Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be adjusted:‘the car has fully adjustable seats and steering wheel’‘an adjustable spanner’
modifiable, alterable, adaptable, convertible, variable, multiway, versatile, accommodatingmovable, mobileView synonyms
- ‘The front seatbelts are adjustable and fitted with pretensioners and force limiting mechanism.’
- ‘The seats in black leather are very comfortable and adjustable.’
- ‘The pressure is adjustable enabling you to choose the density you want.’
- ‘The driver's seat is height adjustable and the steering wheel is adjustable for both height and reach.’
- ‘This way the adjustable stool can be converted from table height to bar height very easily.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.