One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be adjusted.‘the car has fully adjustable seats and steering wheel’‘an adjustable spanner’
modifiable, alterable, adaptable, convertible, variable, multiway, versatile, accommodatingView synonyms
- ‘The pressure is adjustable enabling you to choose the density you want.’
- ‘The front seatbelts are adjustable and fitted with pretensioners and force limiting mechanism.’
- ‘The seats in black leather are very comfortable and adjustable.’
- ‘The driver's seat is height adjustable and the steering wheel is adjustable for both height and reach.’
- ‘This way the adjustable stool can be converted from table height to bar height very easily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.