Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr Elliott Rose, who is director of the Aesthetic Surgery Center in Manhattan, says the advantage of inflatable implants is their adjustability.’
- ‘Small gymnastics exercises can be used to improve your accuracy as a rider, and your horse's form and adjustability.’
- ‘The most important feature to look for is maximum adjustability.’
- ‘Other improvements are planned which will result in even easier access, improved support and adjustability for different sizes.’
- ‘This kind of adjustability is key in buying a quality office chair.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.