Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘To overcome some of the limitations associated with the procedure and to improve its outcome further, ‘stents’ were introduced as an adjunctive therapy.’
- ‘Some of the adjunctive treatments she investigated there included support groups incorporating guided imagery, art and dance therapy, meditation, and ritual.’
- ‘Additional medications may be used as adjunctive therapy.’
- ‘It is used as an adjunctive treatment to help stimulate the immune system and increase body defenses.’
- ‘Additional resources are available for nurses interested in integrating nonpharmacological, adjunctive interventions into practice.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.