One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who adjudicates.‘the proposal to close the school will have to go before an adjudicator’
arbitrator, arbiter, mediator, referee, referee's assistant, assistant referee, linesman, umpire, judge, line judgeView synonyms
- ‘Nicola goes before the adjudicators on Wednesday evening and must wait like so many others until Thursday evening before she gets the result.’
- ‘Judged on taste, texture and presentation, the adjudicators deemed the entry by Iris to be the best.’
- ‘It would be wonderful to see the town enter the competition if only to see what the outside adjudicators and judges think of our town.’
- ‘The service now has 63 assessors, seven adjudicators and about 20 mediators.’
- ‘Conversations this past week suggest everyone but the seven-member panel of official adjudicators has already selected a winner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.