One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who adjudicates.‘the proposal to close the school will have to go before an adjudicator’
arbitrator, arbiter, mediator, referee, referee's assistant, assistant referee, linesman, umpire, judge, line judgeView synonyms
- ‘The service now has 63 assessors, seven adjudicators and about 20 mediators.’
- ‘Nicola goes before the adjudicators on Wednesday evening and must wait like so many others until Thursday evening before she gets the result.’
- ‘Judged on taste, texture and presentation, the adjudicators deemed the entry by Iris to be the best.’
- ‘Conversations this past week suggest everyone but the seven-member panel of official adjudicators has already selected a winner.’
- ‘It would be wonderful to see the town enter the competition if only to see what the outside adjudicators and judges think of our town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.