One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Air temperatures at 2 m height at other parts of the quadrangle were assumed to vary adiabatically from the reference location measurements at - 5.5 C / km increase in elevation.’
- ‘It changes adiabatically as the slow enzymatic reaction progresses.’
- ‘The latter ensures that a ‘fossil record’ of any heating or cooling is kept even if the gas subsequently changes its pressure adiabatically (under energy conservation).’
- ‘The batch of mantle ascends adiabatically, whereas the geotherm becomes conductive.’
- ‘Most current machines can therefore rely on inertial cooling - in other words the components are simply allowed to heat up adiabatically and then cooled slowly between pulses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.