Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Whitman loved adhesiveness so because it is a friendly profusion.’
- ‘This has been suggested to affect cancer cell adhesiveness, which may subsequently have consequences on metastasis.’
- ‘Nitric oxide also inhibits proliferation of smooth muscles, reduces leukocyte adhesiveness, and regulates endothelial permeability, to lipoproteins and other constituents of plasma.’
- ‘The coated beads were then tested for their adhesiveness to neutrophils.’
- ‘Dextrans can decrease platelet adhesiveness, serum fibrinogen, and other factor levels to cause bleeding.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.