Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
To a satisfactory or acceptable extent.‘the resources required to prepare adequately will be extensive’‘the job requirements were not adequately explained’
- ‘Its adaptation across the state has not been adequately assessed.’
- ‘The farther a water source, the more hose necessary to adequately drain at each irrigation.’
- ‘Agency actions must adequately consider environmental justice issues, pursuant to the executive order.’
- ‘To address that issue adequately, it is necessary to carry the analysis beyond the submissions made in the hearing.’
- ‘I think this adequately answered his question in many ways.’
- ‘The chicken is tender, the tofu adequately deep-fried.’
- ‘The efficacy of such additives may not have been adequately assessed.’
- ‘In general, weeds are still being adequately controlled.’
- ‘Enforcement of these existing laws would adequately resolve the problems.’
- ‘Efforts should be made to ensure graduates are adequately prepared for careers upon graduation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.