One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a satisfactory or acceptable extent.‘the resources required to prepare adequately will be extensive’‘the job requirements were not adequately explained’
- ‘The efficacy of such additives may not have been adequately assessed.’
- ‘Enforcement of these existing laws would adequately resolve the problems.’
- ‘I think this adequately answered his question in many ways.’
- ‘The farther a water source, the more hose necessary to adequately drain at each irrigation.’
- ‘Agency actions must adequately consider environmental justice issues, pursuant to the executive order.’
- ‘In general, weeds are still being adequately controlled.’
- ‘The chicken is tender, the tofu adequately deep-fried.’
- ‘To address that issue adequately, it is necessary to carry the analysis beyond the submissions made in the hearing.’
- ‘Its adaptation across the state has not been adequately assessed.’
- ‘Efforts should be made to ensure graduates are adequately prepared for careers upon graduation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.