One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or quality of being adequate.‘the adequacy of testing procedures’
acceptability, reasonableness, passableness, satisfactoriness, fairnesscapability, competence, competency, ability, aptitude, skill, skilfulness, adeptnessView synonyms
- ‘The extent to which other factors, such as experience or training, affect reading adequacy is also helpful.’
- ‘Taken together, these findings suggest both the adequacy and utility of our measure.’
- ‘The review will look into the adequacy of current arrangements and codes of practice.’
- ‘Meanwhile the federal parliament has announced an inquiry into the adequacy of rural and regional air services.’
- ‘This goes to the question of the adequacy of the interpreting services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.