Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘However, with imaginative adeptness, the abiku can be here and there simultaneously.’
- ‘The artistic adeptness and the uniqueness of the theme elevate the pictures to an international standard.’
- ‘The nature of this software, with its intelligent objects and adeptness at technical drawings, diagrams, and charts leads to comparisons with Microsoft Visio.’
- ‘Ang Lee managed to move with extraordinary adeptness from straight Taiwanese projects (Eat Drink Man Woman most notably) to Jane Austen to the American Civil War.’
- ‘The other players are picked from Western Canada based upon their adeptness, and general conduct as well as their ability to perform under mental and physical duress.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.