One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And even when he is making rather cheap political points, he often does so adeptly.’
- ‘The teacher guides but doesn't boss, adeptly drawing answers out of the class, encouraging them to play, praise and read to their infants, gently urging affection, attention and firmness.’
- ‘It's light and simple, adeptly done and incredibly filling.’
- ‘I've never been convinced by such arguments, although in this case it was put very adeptly.’
- ‘By adeptly combining action and ideas, it proves that Hollywood can still produce astonishing entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.