Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of adenylic acid.
- ‘Later, a similar topology was also found for other plastidic transporters, for example, the adenylate translocator and the hexose translocator.’
- ‘Energy-related parameters measured were fermentation end-products (ethanol, lactate, alanine), respiratory rate, ATP, adenylate energy charge, nitrate reductase activity and biomass.’
- ‘Although this general reduction of adenylates concentration might suggest an impaired respiratory process, this seems to be unlikely as AEC was fairly constant throughout drought levels.’
- ‘Both the extent and kinetics of changes in the adenylate energy charge in response to low O 2 are used as indicators of tolerance to hypoxia and/or anoxia.’
- ‘These results suggested a close interaction between plastidial adenylate transport and starch biosynthesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.