One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which catalyses the deamination of adenosine to inosine.
- ‘SCID is caused by a deficiency in the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
- ‘Another form is linked to a deficiency of the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
- ‘The most common genetic defect that leads to this condition is a loss of the enzyme adenosine deaminase, but there are several others that will put you in the same boat.’
- ‘In 2002, scientists in Italy also reported a beneficial effect from gene transfer in patients with a different form of immune deficiency known as adenosine deaminase deficiency.’
- ‘Patients with SCID are usually treated by replacing an essential enzyme, adenosine deaminase, which is lacking in such people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.