One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some listeners will probably find his voice a bit adenoidal for their tastes.’
- ‘I hear that high, adenoidal voice that sounds like 50 other kids who have that same adenoidal voice.’
- ‘Mike's pinched, adenoidal tenor gave a little bite to the verses of their songs, but they were defined by Brian's angelic falsetto on the choruses.’
- ‘Literate lyrics, an insistent strum, and an endearingly adenoidal yelp combine for a thoroughly enjoyable song.’
- ‘Oh, and the singer's adenoidal yelping isn't an affectation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.