Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A malignant tumour formed from glandular structures in epithelial tissue.
- ‘The rarer types of bladder cancer include squamous cell carcinomas and adenocarcinomas, which have a different cell structure.’
- ‘Ninety-five percent of all malignant gastric tumors are adenocarcinomas; the remaining 5 percent include lymphomas, stromal tumors, and other rare tumors.’
- ‘Most of the experimental mammary tumors are malignant, specifically adenocarcinomas.’
- ‘Clinically, 90% of pancreatic tumours are malignant ductal adenocarcinomas, and most of this article concentrates on this disease.’
- ‘The nonsalivary tumours can be divided into low-grade adenocarcinomas and intestinal type adenocarcinomas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.