Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nountrademark in US
A machine for printing addresses on envelopes.
- ‘The Addressograph 2000 Series has been engineered to be the best Addressograph imprinter available to date, manufactured to facilitate daily record keeping with dependable performance and accuracy.’
- ‘The Addressograph imprinters allow valuable counter space to be used for selling space.’
- ‘If you are looking for something in the Addressograph and Bartizan Family we have it.’
- ‘The Addressograph Bartizan 4850 is ideal for businesses looking for an affordable, reliable imprinter for credit card transactions.’
- ‘The Addressograph had impact in almost every industry in the United States at one time or another.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.