One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Poetry then embraces the failure of communication in terms of masses, but not between individual readers and writers, addressees and addressers.’
- ‘She jumped, shrieking as she quickly swung around to face her addresser.’
- ‘More specifically, it examines ‘how addressers construct linguistic messages for addressees and how addressees work on linguistic messages in order to interpret them.’’
- ‘The directedness of the relation between addresser and addressee arose with regard to oral and written communication and can be expected to reemerge with electronic communication.’
- ‘Some languages, such as Japanese, have elaborate systems of pronouns to mark the relationship between addresser and addressee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.