Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a memory unit in which all locations can be separately accessed by a particular program.
- ‘Another benefit is the increase in addressable memory.’
- ‘Alternatively, a uniquely addressable mirror of the database could be split off.’
- ‘Nonaddressable markers can be used to locate addressable markers by providing a reference point for searches.’
- ‘To be addressable, I need an IP number for my site.’
- ‘Each cache director contains four independent regions of cache memory for a total of 32 separately addressable, simultaneously accessible regions of cache memory.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.