One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a memory unit in which all locations can be separately accessed by a particular program.
- ‘Each cache director contains four independent regions of cache memory for a total of 32 separately addressable, simultaneously accessible regions of cache memory.’
- ‘Nonaddressable markers can be used to locate addressable markers by providing a reference point for searches.’
- ‘Alternatively, a uniquely addressable mirror of the database could be split off.’
- ‘Another benefit is the increase in addressable memory.’
- ‘To be addressable, I need an IP number for my site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.