One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for dama gazelle
- ‘Other names for a dama gazelle are addra gazelle, mhorr gazelle, and red-necked gazelle.’
- ‘The addra gazelle spends the dry season in the Sudan, occurring singly, or in small groups.’
- ‘Those are addra gazelles, similar in colour to the Scimitar Horned Oryx.’
- ‘The reserve was primarily established to protect the Barbary sheep, but there are also small groups of addax, oryx, dorcas gazelle, addra gazelle, leopard, caracal, aardvark, cheetah, and desert rodents.’
- ‘The animals sharing the enclosure included other addra gazelles, Thomson gazelles, white-bearded wildebeest, and Burchell's zebras.’
Addra probably a local African word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.