Placed back to back.‘the family stamp of two addorsed salmon’
- ‘Azure, two wolf's heads erased addorsed and conjoined at the neck issuant from the battlements of a demi-tower argent.’
- ‘One thing to note is that positions such as combatant and addorsed may fit our modern notions of symmetry by being mirror images.’
- ‘All the others take the form of anthropomorphs either attached to a central aniconic shaft or addorsed by a tree.’
- ‘Two rampant gazelles, whose addorsed bodies cross at the hindquarters, complete the tableau.’
- ‘Silk C depicts addorsed and regardant falcons with beading separating bodies from tails.’
Late 16th century: from Latin ad to + dorsum back + -ed.