One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of food) containing no additives.‘eggs are good for us, being natural, wholesome, and additive-free’‘the importance of additive-free nutrition’‘additive-free body care products’
- ‘A bowl of naked noodles enhanced with your own choice of additive-free flavours is far safer to eat than off-the-shelf packs.’
- ‘What additive-free brands do bring with them is a premium price.’
- ‘This bread is organic, additive-free and made to an original artisan recipe.’
- ‘But in response to frustration at the lack of fresh, additive-free organic baby food available, a number of small producers have taken matters into their own hands.’
- ‘The price increase will allow the introduction of a vegetarian menu and more additive-free food.’
- ‘A control group of children was given an additive-free placebo drink that looked and tasted the same.’
- ‘The mums and dads requested "additive-free food, less fat and carbohydrate and more fresh fruit and vegetables."’
- ‘This Etobicoke butcher offers an endless list of homemade signature sausages, all of which are made preservative- and additive-free.’
- ‘The additive-free blood was allowed to clot in the dark at room temperature for 30 minutes.’
- ‘She said although there were snack machines in school, one sold healthier additive-free options and no fizzy drinks were available in school hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.