One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of proportional representation in which each elector votes separately for a party and for a representative.
- ‘Members returned for an electoral region are elected under the additional member system of proportional representation.’
- ‘The additional member system is used in Germany and has aspects of both the party list vote and our SMP system.’
- ‘MSPs are to be elected in part according to additional member systems, a form of proportional representation in contrast to the traditional ‘first past the post’ system.’
- ‘In summary, I wholly support the recommendation for an additional member system.’
- ‘Mixed-member proportional representation goes by a variety of other names, including ‘the additional member system,’ ‘compensatory PR,’ the ‘two vote system,’ and ‘the German system.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.