One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of proportional representation in which each elector votes separately for a party and for a representative.
- ‘The additional member system is used in Germany and has aspects of both the party list vote and our SMP system.’
- ‘Members returned for an electoral region are elected under the additional member system of proportional representation.’
- ‘MSPs are to be elected in part according to additional member systems, a form of proportional representation in contrast to the traditional ‘first past the post’ system.’
- ‘Mixed-member proportional representation goes by a variety of other names, including ‘the additional member system,’ ‘compensatory PR,’ the ‘two vote system,’ and ‘the German system.’’
- ‘In summary, I wholly support the recommendation for an additional member system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.