One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reaction in which one molecule combines with another to form a larger molecule with no other products.‘we would expect the CO linkage to undergo addition reactions’
- ‘Elimination reactions are the reverse process of the corresponding addition reactions.’
- ‘Like other hydrocarbons with double bonds, addition reactions can occur to change the double bonds to single bonds.’
- ‘The majority of reactions in which the ketone functional group takes place are addition reactions.’
- ‘Typical reactions of ketones are addition reactions although as a group they are less reactive than the aldehydes.’
- ‘Polymerization is an addition reaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.