Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A reaction in which one molecule combines with another to form a larger molecule with no other products.‘we would expect the CO linkage to undergo addition reactions’
- ‘Polymerization is an addition reaction.’
- ‘Elimination reactions are the reverse process of the corresponding addition reactions.’
- ‘The majority of reactions in which the ketone functional group takes place are addition reactions.’
- ‘Typical reactions of ketones are addition reactions although as a group they are less reactive than the aldehydes.’
- ‘Like other hydrocarbons with double bonds, addition reactions can occur to change the double bonds to single bonds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.