One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reaction in which one molecule combines with another to form a larger molecule with no other products.‘we would expect the CO linkage to undergo addition reactions’
- ‘The majority of reactions in which the ketone functional group takes place are addition reactions.’
- ‘Typical reactions of ketones are addition reactions although as a group they are less reactive than the aldehydes.’
- ‘Polymerization is an addition reaction.’
- ‘Elimination reactions are the reverse process of the corresponding addition reactions.’
- ‘Like other hydrocarbons with double bonds, addition reactions can occur to change the double bonds to single bonds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.