Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A reaction in which one molecule combines with another to form a larger molecule with no other products.‘we would expect the CO linkage to undergo addition reactions’
- ‘Like other hydrocarbons with double bonds, addition reactions can occur to change the double bonds to single bonds.’
- ‘Typical reactions of ketones are addition reactions although as a group they are less reactive than the aldehydes.’
- ‘The majority of reactions in which the ketone functional group takes place are addition reactions.’
- ‘Polymerization is an addition reaction.’
- ‘Elimination reactions are the reverse process of the corresponding addition reactions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.