One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or characteristic of the writing of Joseph Addison.
Relating to or characterized by Addison's disease.
- ‘Dexamethosone sodium phosphate is the corticosteroid of choice for the animal in an Addisonian crisis.’
- ‘Classic features of Addisonian crisis include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and delirium, but these are often present for other reasons in critically ill patients.’
- ‘More detailed information about the causes of Addisonian crisis can be found on our causes page.’
- ‘Two bitches become clinically Addisonian after the physical and hormonal stress of whelping puppies.’
- ‘This is referred to as an Addisonian crisis and is a medical emergency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.