One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or characteristic of the writing of Joseph Addison.
Relating to or characterized by Addison's disease.
- ‘More detailed information about the causes of Addisonian crisis can be found on our causes page.’
- ‘Two bitches become clinically Addisonian after the physical and hormonal stress of whelping puppies.’
- ‘This is referred to as an Addisonian crisis and is a medical emergency.’
- ‘Classic features of Addisonian crisis include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and delirium, but these are often present for other reasons in critically ill patients.’
- ‘Dexamethosone sodium phosphate is the corticosteroid of choice for the animal in an Addisonian crisis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.