One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Facing towards the stem of a plant (in particular denoting the upper surface of a leaf).The opposite of abaxial
- ‘The environments of the adaxial and abaxial leaf surface differ in many ways.’
- ‘For this reason, separate mechanisms of acclimation for regulation of stomatal density on adaxial and abaxial surfaces have been proposed.’
- ‘Since the midvein (indicated by an arrowhead) is at the center of the images it is clearly shown that the leaves curl toward their adaxial surface.’
- ‘In Florida, Prokelisia are present throughout the year feeding on the phloem and laying eggs into the adaxial surfaces of the leaves.’
- ‘Colour fluorescence micrographs depict the first leaf adaxial surface from 2-week-old wheat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.