One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Facing towards the stem of a plant (in particular denoting the upper surface of a leaf).The opposite of abaxial
- ‘In Florida, Prokelisia are present throughout the year feeding on the phloem and laying eggs into the adaxial surfaces of the leaves.’
- ‘For this reason, separate mechanisms of acclimation for regulation of stomatal density on adaxial and abaxial surfaces have been proposed.’
- ‘Colour fluorescence micrographs depict the first leaf adaxial surface from 2-week-old wheat.’
- ‘The environments of the adaxial and abaxial leaf surface differ in many ways.’
- ‘Since the midvein (indicated by an arrowhead) is at the center of the images it is clearly shown that the leaves curl toward their adaxial surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.